Tag Archives: nokia
Have you ever downloaded a game/application to your phone, and it was .JAD? it wont be installed most of the time.
so here is a tip . u can get the .JAR file, which is easy to install, from the .JAD
well , u cant download applications, games etc from ovi store unless ur browsing it with your mobile.
with this tips ull be able to browse it with your pc browser [firefox, IE , etc] and ull be able to download :)
what is user agent??
gonna use User agent switcher add-on for firefox to change my user agent
this add-on simply change your User agent to a mobile User Agent, so when u browse ovi store , it will be like ur browsing it from your phone.
here is how my user agent looks like (firefox-pc)
user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
and this is how it looks like when changed to Nokia 5800 user agent
user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U;Series60/5.0 Nokia5800/10.0.006;Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413
- first of all download User agent switcher add-on for Firefox.
- install it on firefox like any other add-on.
- there is some user agents comes by default to the add-on such as Iphone,IE, etc..
- Download , Nokia User Agents (763).
- now go to [Tools] > [Default user agent] > [User agent Switcher] > [Options] > Import > then select the useragentswitcher.xml file.
- k now press on [Tools] > [Default user agent] > [and just select your user agent].
go to yeswap to check your User agent
now u can browse,download applications from ovi store from your PC browser :)
if you’ve downloaded .JAD file, and couldn’t install it to your phone, click here